The Anglo Russian Support Group
The cathedral has an active mission link with the parish of Kondopoga in North Russia. An energetic group of cathedral congregation members and volunteers frequently organise events to help raise money to support both the link and education work surrounding it within the cathedral.
Last year, the Education Department used donated money to:
- Sponsor the cathedral’s Easter Garden
- Provide a set of youth bibles for the cathedral's youth groups
- Resource a self-guided numeracy trail
- Purchase a parachute in the colours of the liturgical year
- Purchase a small wooden table and chairs for the Children’s Chapel
- Purchase a lego table for the cathedral Refectory Cafe
For further information, download our latest newsletter (February 2014).
There are many ways to support the Cathedral from donations through to buying a gift or simply enjoying a coffee in the Refectory. We welcome your support in whatever form it takes.
The Refectory, built in the 13th century, was the dining hall for the 40 monks who belonged to the community at the time. The Refectory is open from 9:30 - 4:30 and a delicious lunch menu, fabulous cakes and free Wi-Fi!
» Read More
The Shop provides a full range of souvenirs, books, gifts, cards, CDs and jewellery, some unique to Chester Cathedral; it's even possible to buy postage stamps!» Read More