Homemade food in a spectacular setting
Our thirteenth-century monk’s dining hall is not to be missed.
A relaxing eatery in unique surroundings, The Refectory is the perfect pit-stop for morning coffee, afternoon tea, a light lunch or a business meeting.
Sample our extensive lunch menu, treat yourself to one of our delicious cakes and take advantage of our free Wi-Fi.
Highlights of our stunning setting include our:
- 17th century tapestry on the West Wall
- Heraldic paintings, representing the Earls of Chester, on the North Wall
- The Creation Window, depicting the six days of creation, installed in 2001
- Monday – Saturday | 9.30am – 4.30pm
- Sunday | 12 noon – 4.00pm
There are many ways to support the Cathedral from donations through to buying a gift or simply enjoying a coffee in the Refectory. We welcome your support in whatever form it takes.
The Refectory, built in the 13th century, was the dining hall for the 40 monks who belonged to the community at the time. The Refectory is open from 9:30 - 4:30 and a delicious lunch menu, fabulous cakes and free Wi-Fi!
» Read More
The Shop provides a full range of souvenirs, books, gifts, cards, CDs and jewellery, some unique to Chester Cathedral; it's even possible to buy postage stamps!» Read More