The Chester Cathedral Music Foundation has been established to assist the Dean and Chapter in securing and developing the musical tradition that has been at the heart of Chester Cathedral life since the twelfth century.
The focus of the foundation is to:
- Maintain the daily choral services
- Widen our musical training for young people across the region
- Develop our voluntary choral tradition
- Develop our musical outreach projects through increased working with local schools and securing the future of our Saturday singing club
- Widen our links across the Diocese of Chester through choral and organ workshops together with other forms of partnership working
- Establish the Cathedral as one of the leading centres for music in the North West
To realise our vision of a £3 million Foundation and to secure the future musical life of the Cathedral requires significant and committed financial support. Chester Cathedral Music Foundation welcomes donations both large and small from individual donors, trusts and businesses.
For more information on how to contribute please click here.
There are many ways to support the Cathedral from donations through to buying a gift or simply enjoying a coffee in the Refectory. We welcome your support in whatever form it takes.
The Refectory, built in the 13th century, was the dining hall for the 40 monks who belonged to the community at the time. The Refectory is open from 9:30 - 4:30 and a delicious lunch menu, fabulous cakes and free Wi-Fi!
» Read More
The Shop provides a full range of souvenirs, books, gifts, cards, CDs and jewellery, some unique to Chester Cathedral; it's even possible to buy postage stamps!» Read More